Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Gingerbread house

We've had this kit for weeks
just sitting on our kitchen table
waiting for the right time.

Bren's been asking to make it for the last several days,
but there's always been another more pressing distraction in our way.

But today was finally the day!!
Bren was so excited when she asked to put it together
and I said yes!

I'm notorious for grand plans,
but droopy, lack luster results,
so we kept it simple this year.


Bren had so much fun putting her candies
all in a line.
She snuck a few and gave them to Michael
who kept stopping by to check our progress.


I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve already!!!!
We're done shopping for presents
and the ingredients for Christmas dinner,
everything is wrapped,
cards are mailed,
and most of my baking is done.
Just two more batches of cookies to make.



And now with the completion of our gingerbread house
we are ready for Santa!




How about you?
Are you ready for Christmas
or will you be among the many
who frantically search the isles
of over crowded stores tomorrow?
Be careful out there!
Most of the nation is as frozen as we are here
and our roads are no fun to be on right now.
I'll post our Christmas card on the blog tomorrow.
I had a fun one made by a talented digital guru!



2 comments:

Laura said...

I am going to pretend you guys made this for my birthday ^_^. Seriously Bren to cute!. Thanks for the birthday wishes Becca, Bren and family.

Kim said...

That gingerbread house is making me hungry. LOL