Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ummmmmmmmmmm......................

I don't even know what to say.
I was there at the innocent inception of this painting,
but I didn't see it coming.
David and I were helping in Bren's class
last Friday.
During center time,
Bren made a b-line for the art center.
There she began her symetry painting.
I was gabbing with the teacher
about how I was happy she was going to do some
colorful painting because there is a wall
in my kitchen that I would like to use to feature
some of my kid's artwork in frames.
Words I wish I could pop back in my mouth right now!
I watched as Bren plopped some colorful paint lines
onto one side of the white paper.
Blue, yellow, red...
this was going to look amazing on my wall!
It looked almost like three people,
and when she folded the paper in half
there would be six....
one for each person in her family.
Perfect!
But then,
she folded the unpainted side of the paper
over the painted side to make a symetrical print.
And that's when I saw it!
Somehow, her adorable, creative painting
no longer looked like six people.
Her masterpiece hung to dry in the classroom
until Monday afternoon when it came home
in Bren's backpack.
Bren proudly handed it to me
and with much fan-faire,
I ohhhed and ahhhed over her color choices
while David and both of my sons
could hardly breathe from laughing so hard!


So, now
I have six colorful and surprisingly anatomically correct,
penis's
that I'm expected to frame and hang in my kitchen!
sigh.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, that is a classic! I bet you can't wait to show her kids (your grandchildren) that one!

Kim said...

I lurk on your blog and just love your photography. I read this the first time at work and almost bursted out laughing.

So classic. :)

Kim

Laura said...

ROFLMAO!!! Oh I just love your family. I think thats enough said. What a lovely thing to display on your fridge and you get the joys of seeing it every morning you reach in to grab some milk for that delicious first morning cup of coffee.

Least you got your colorful piece of art to proudly display.

TheCatLord said...

i had to compose myself long enough to post that i didn't see it either!
i do now!!!

Mama Kautz said...

it's a keeper lol

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Just don't know how you'll get out of this! lol lol
Alabama Grandmother

jonahbonah said...

Oh. My.

I say you have a disaster....it "accidentally" falls to the ground and the dog eats it. Or, you're walking towards ot to admire it when you trip and your coffee flies all over the wall. :o)

Or, you frame it and smile everytime you walk by!

What do your boys say?????

I think it's a HOOT anyway!!!!

Melissa

Mari said...

HAHAHAHAHHHH!!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Bahahaha!!!!

Jodi said...

Hahahahaha LOL! That is hysterical! When I was a kid, I drew an anatomically correct snowwoman. I didn't even mean to, I just did it innocently too. Too funny! (I still have tht picture..LOL)

Stacy said...

OMGoodness, The Lord knew that I needed this laugh today! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Becca...it's definitely OK to laugh! That is hysterical. Wondering how you are going to get yourself out of this one!

Christa said...

Ohmygosh, Becca!! LOLOL!!!!