Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, Gobble!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my
Friends and Family
across this great world of ours!!
We woke this morning to
gorgeous snow-capped mountains,
just another reminder of
all we have to be thankful for.
My family is gathered in little clusters
all over the east coast
and Florida panhandle.
Some are celebrating at well decorated tables
full of all the traditions of the holiday,
others are celebrating beside hospital beds
but one theme binds us all.
Our love.
No matter how far the Navy sends us from all of you,
you will always be in our hearts and thoughts
on special holidays like this one.
And I'm thankful for you all!!
My own little cluster will celebrate
with turkey and all the trimmings
at about 3pm today
followed by lots of football
and decorating the house
for Christmas.
I'll take photos all day
and post them over the weekend.
For now, here's what David and I did all day yesterday....
He's shipping out soon and wont be home until
just before Christmas
so we had to get a jump on the shopping.
Unfortunately,
we were slowed down by
Black Friday!
Almost everything we planned to get
is not out on the floor yet,
but we were assured that we could get our desired item
bright and early on Friday morning....
as long as we got in line by 3am
and got a ticket for our item.
ug!
So, we are gonna try.
Bleary-eyed and pumped up with coffee,
and freezing in line at 3 am on Friday
is where we'll be
because we are insane!
Here's some photos from our mostly fruitless trip.....


At least we got Bren almost done!!!




See these crazy people in line already?
This is Wednesday at about 4:30 pm!




And here we are this morning
watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!




And Bren passing time while she watches
me work in the kitchen.




I hope you all are gathered around
a table full of loved ones
today!!

I leave you with a tradition in my family.
Ever since I was about 10,
my parents would ask me to quote
this verse that I had memorized
at the Thanksgiving table.
It's been a few years since I've quoted it
for their ears to hear,
but I think of it every year
and I'm sure they do too!

Psalms 100:

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness:
come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God:
it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him,and bless his name.
For the LORD is good;
his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.








No comments: