Sunday, April 19, 2009

Meeting Sammi

You know how there are some people
that you just click with from the start?
Well, Sammi and I had that kind of chemistry.
As a bonus, she's family!
Sammi is my Dad's first cousin on his father's side.
I met her once when I was Brendell's age,
but she's lived far away ever since.
She now lives in Gig Harbor, Wa
which is about 2 hours from where we live.
My Dad was so excited for us to meet
and hooked us up through e-mail a few months ago.
We met for lunch in downtown Seattle yesterday
and had the most wonderful time.
We talked for 2 and a half hours
about life, kids, memories, exchange students,
photography, church, school
and different places we each have lived.

When she heard that Bren's birthday is so close,
she let the waiter know
and he brought out a little surprise for Bren.
She loved it!


If being a military family has taught me one thing
it is to grab time with family whenever you can.
We are thrilled to have met Sammi
who is just so delightful.
We are looking forward to spending more time
with her and her husband over the next two years of
our time here in Washington.






No comments: