Friday, March 28, 2008

Quoted!!!


Yippppeee! I'm so excited to have been quoted on Blogtations!
I'm also the 100th quote ( throwing confetti!!) for this fabulous website, so I get to be highlighted for a bit and listed in the quote finders section.
Spend some time on this website when you get a chance. It's full of humorous, witty and thought provoking quotes from bloggers all over the world.
It's a great way to find some new additions to your blog roll.
I continue to be amazed at the incredible talent out there in the blog world!

*

So, we've started to go through each room and get rid of anything that we don't want the movers to pack. I came across several containers of old photos and killed about 4 hours just going through them all. It's amazing how much children grow in such a short time!
Life is on such a fast road and I'm increasingly aware of what they mean when they say, "Don't wish time away."

Last night I watched The Celebrity Apprentice and was really touched by Trace Adkin's song, You're Gonna Miss This.
(turn my music player off before watching the video)























Here are some blast from our past...... and Boy do I miss this!!

















To every frazzled mom of young children out there, especially single and military wives, hang in there! Don't get caught up in the little things so much that they distract you from what is really important. Spend time with your little ones! Get down on the floor and wrestle with them, run through the grassy fields with them, laugh and cry and kiss them all you can!

The cliche "time flies" doesn't carry the impact right now that it will 10 years from now.

Pretty soon, they'll be teenagers and their cries for your attention will turn into rolling eyes and folded arms. Build a foundation of memories now so that when you want to wring your 16 year old's neck because he's lost his ever-loving mind and thinks you have lost yours, you will have a memory catalog of sweeter times to grab onto. You never know, it just might save his life!


It's only a breath before this



turns into this, my friends.

Hold on tightly to every moment because they all matter!

6 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Sweet babies. It hurts to watch them grow up, doesn't it? I love looking at old pictures (my desktop scrolls through My Pictures when I'm not active), but it also makes my heart ache.

If I could just slow time down a little....

Eckmama said...

Those last two pictures are just mean. ;) You're right, and I agree, but those last two pics were low-down dirty mean.

This morning my 4 year old told me he couldn't remember what Mimi's voice sounded like (my mother died last Sept.--breast cancer--) so I hooked up the very dusty video camera and pulled out an old tape to see if we could find her on there, and it was from back when my 4 year old was 8 months old and just learning to crawl. His big sister was 2 and big brother was 3 1/2, and it was wonderful and AWFUL to watch! LOL We did find Mimi, though, and he got to hear her voice. It was kind of a teary morning, but still good. And that's why I think your last two pictures are mean! Just adding to my runny nose! LOL I'm going to run out of kleenex.

Becca said...

Oh, how precious that your little one missed your mom's voice!
We can just pass the kleenex all around this afternoon!
Thanks for reading my blog!
Becca

my two hopeful wings said...

Hi,
I found you from BooMama. Love your pictures and the music! You're so right...I've never heard anyone say anything but "they grow up fast", you know? Thanks for the reminder to hug and play with my three while they're still (relatively) small...ten, eight, and five.
Blessings,
jenni
And to eckmama, what a sweet, bittersweet moment. Tears over here too from your comment!

Anonymous said...

this blog was very touching! ~Valerie

kristi said...

Awww...this made me cry. I especially love the ones where they are taken from behind the kids. Beautiful!