Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Photos from the Flight Deck!


Look what I found in my e-mail this morning!
David is having so much fun taking photos with my (now his) D50 that he could not wait for me to see them.
I'm so proud of him!
He took them all on manual mode and I think he did an awesome job!
I kept all the good lenses so he doesn't get the benefit of good glass out there, but these photos are still great!
We might just be able to open that studio together in about 11 years!


This is the airplane he flew in on!
He describes it as a nightmare, but I bet it was really fun!
With his motion sickness though, I can see how he would be super nervous about landing this way.








Doesn't this one look cool?
I can't imagine the coordination it must take for all of those separate colored teams to get their jobs done without running into each other!




Go on, admit it.
You have the Top Gun theme song running through your head now, don't you?
Here, let me help you out with that.....
(don't forget to turn my music player off before watching the video)








By the way, Top Gun was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater.
Just thought you might like to know that bit of trivia about me.





My husband is so cool!
I'm just so thrilled about all the new adventures he is having out there!

7 comments:

Auntie Martha said...

Great pictures!! Can't imagine being on something that big, out in the ocean. I get motion sickness also.
Ala. Grandmother

Cindy said...

Those are awesome pictures! I know you and your children are missing him terribly. Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Holy gosh! I have GOT to get to saving and get me this camera!...or the D40 or something equally as good as the D50 since its no longer available. Those are some spectacular photos. Guh I love this camera!

I really like the second photo, the plane coming over the water and the water like seperating with the two tones of color. Very cool!

TheCatLord said...

fabulous pics david!!
so bec, what camera do you have now?

Kim said...

I think I am going to be sick. Yes I get motion sickness just like your hubby.

Vicki said...

Hi Becca! Thanks for contacting us! I'm enjoying your blog to get a taste of what's coming up for us! I'll subscribe to your blog's rss...Thanks!
Vicki

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yes I DID have the Top Gun soundtrack running through my mind!

You DO have a cool husband, tell him thank-you for serving our country!