Friday, June 20, 2008

Hair dos.......


As promised, here's a photo that Madison took of me this week showing off my highlights and layers.
No real drastic change except the 4 miles of brown roots are now camoflauged
along with a ton of new growth grey!
YIKES!!
And one more thing....
no one ever told me that wrinkles can show up in bunches
and overnight!
I'm convinced that most of the new wrinkles that I've found this month
are being exagerated by the mineral make up I am using.
I thought I'd give Sheer Cover a try,
and at first I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.
It seemed to cover fine and was certainly light to wear and stayed in place...
but it also seemed to magnify every fine line I have!
I gave it a good 6 weeks, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not loving it.
I'm now on the search for a new foundation that will help me hide the fact that I am 38 without making me look like I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm 38!
Any suggestions?



Too bad we can't all just live in permanent black and white mode, huh?
It's great on the wrinkles.

And here's another new hair do this week.
Bren slept in damp braids a few nights ago and was so excited to see her crinkly hair that the first thing out of her mouth the next morning was,
"Can you undo my hair now so I can see the crinkles?"
So here are her "crinkles".








Just keeping it real, folks.
I guess I took one too many shots for her!




And because it's never good to end on a sour note....
I love this one in black and white.





7 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Girl, you're crazy because you look GREAT even in color. ;-)

I haven't tried Sheer Cover but I do use Bare Minerals and love it. I did a tutorial on it on my blog once. If you search Bare minerals (or escentuals maybe?) you'll find it. Baby in my lap or I'd find it for you.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm stealing this Jason Mraz song. ;-) I had it on my blog for a long time and then the link died so I'm excited to hear it again!

Mo said...

It is wonderful to see a picture of you!

I hear you about the grey. I've had those stinking hairs since I was fourteen but some mornings when I wake I can only think to myself, "How in the world did so many appear overnight?"

I wear mineral makeup and strongly endorse Bare Minerals. My wrinkles are actually diminished. A good moisturizer helps too but ever since I started wearing their foundation, I'm not looking back.

Hope you enjoyed today. It was fantastic south of you.

Laura said...

Wow!!. I LOVE your hair its so cute.

Now about this foundation to make you not look 38 but not make it look like your doing that...girl stick with your natural because you so DO NOT look 38 in these pictures. Seriously Zach isnt far off from my age and youo look like 38 years younger then my parents *which okay minus a few years you are that much younger then my parents*

Awww how cute is Brens hair. Mines been doing its own sort of crinkle and curl. It used to be straight, now even when I straighten it half the time it will have a slight curl back later one, and once it gets wet, you wouldnt know I had straight hair, it curls back.

Love the pics!

Rebekah said...

Your hair looks fabulous :)

If I didn't have so many scars, I'd go without foundation completely. I much prefer bare skin - if you want it to look natural, that's the way to go :) I do use mineral foundation, but I use Avon's version - I do like it much more than liquids and cream-to-powders I've tried.

Bren's crinkles are darling!

Anonymous said...

Great Pics...I love the black and white...and you DONT have any wrinkles...LOL

Laurie

kristi said...

Girl, you look fantastic! No wonder your kids are so gorgeous!