Friday, September 26, 2008

When we are weak.....................

then He is strong!
This thought has been swimming around in my head for the past few days.

Death is hard.
Grief is hard.
Losing someone you love requires a supernatural amount of strength.
Dealing with this kind of sadness is just insurrmountable on our own.


As I have watched my mom these past few days,
I am amazed at her strength.
She is, of course, broken-hearted beyond words.
We cry a thousand tears together and weep over the loss of her beloved Paul.
But beneath those painful tears
is a strength that can only come from a God
who loves her so much and who promised to be her strength.
And He is!


God has been so faithful to surround my mom with so many
people who love her and care about her.
The outpouring of support has been overwhelming.
When I read through my comment section
I'm just floored that people we have never even met
have kept us in their thoughts and prayers during this time.

When we are weak, He is strong.
Isn't that such a comfort?
Knowing that we can crawl up in the lap of our heavenly Father
who knows the depth of our grief
brings such a peace.
When we cannot stand, He bears us in his arms.


Psalm 34:18 says.....
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
And he has been close.
We can feel his presence with us
through all of the tasks that need to be done after a death occurs.
He's going before us and making a way.

One of my favorite songs by Kirk Franklin
touches on this concept.
The entire song is not completely applicable, but the concept is.
"Hold Me Now" is an affirmation in song that
God knows our hurts and rushes to comfort us.
He loves us beyond measure!
The lyrics of that song are below.
KIRK FRANKLIN
"Hold Me Now"
The spring of April is gone
The leaves have all turned brown
The children have all grown up
And there's no one around
I'm looking over my life
and all the mistakes I made
And I'm afraid
Afraid
Somebody told me that
You would wash all my sins
And cleanse me from the scars
that are so deep within
So I'm calling to You
If you can hear me
I don't know how
I was wondering
can you hold me now
You are the only one
that's patient when I fall
Your angels come to save me
every time I call
You don't laugh at me
when I make mistakes and cry
You're not like man
You understand me
See people change
one day They don't like you
the next they do
I wish that everyone
could love me just like You
So here I am this sinful man
peace won't allow
I was wondering can you hold me now
I was wondering can you hold me now
To every broken person that may hear this song
To every boy or girl that feels their smile is gone
I know exactly how it feels to lay in the bed at night
And cry
And cry
Don't you worry God is faithful and He cares
About the tears you drop
and the pain you feel
He's there
When you are weak that's when he's strong
Even though you don't know how
God can and he will hold you now
God can and he will hold you now
God can and he will hold you now
Don't you worry he can hold you now.
Turn my music player off so you can hear the song borrowed from youtube.


9 comments:

jonahbonah said...

Bless you Becca! You have such a way with words!!!

Your family is in my prayers!

Melissa
www.theperfecttrio.blogspot.com

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

God bless you all...
You know you continue to be in our prayers.
Thanks you for your words today... this has been a day for missing my own mom who went on ahead of us last year...I was touched, very deeply, by your words today.

Cheryl said...

I miss your mom. I'm so glad you're with her. Thank you for this post.

Carrie said...

Wow! I don't know what else to say! My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your mom. I love you! Let me know when she's up to a phone call! I would love to talk to your Mom!

Laura said...

Sorry I was sick all day yesterday so Im just getting here now. You do have such a way with words, and the pictures just add in with the words so much like we were all there for you just by having you share these, and your words.

Im deeply sorry for your mom, Paul really seemed like an amazing guy.

Thoughts are with you and I even gave you more thoughts on my blog and have had a friend who has stopped by your blog give you and your family her thoughts.

*hugs*

Baby Go Retro said...

Hey sweets..I am so sorry about Paul..I am glad you are able to be with you mama and David was able to come home and be with the kiddo's. My thoughts are with you guys..stay strong. S

Stacy said...

Chris and I have been praying for you all. Much love and hugs!

angela said...

so sorry to read of your family's loss, peace be with you.xo

The Sweetest Thing Photography said...

Becca - I am so sorry. What a huge loss for all of you. I love the photos you captured of your mom and Paul. I wish your mother peace and comfort and strength.

many prayers...

Karen