Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sending Reinforcements.....

My sweet, sweet husband
who called me as soon as he read my blog on Thursday
because he knew that I would be trying to make plans to get to my mom,
sounded so discouraged because he felt powerless
to be supportive during this time.
He discussed the situation with some of the guys he works with
and they advised him to route a leave chit
and request to fly home.
He thought it was a long shot, but on Friday he was approved for the flight home!
As I type this, he is in Guam awaiting a flight to Tokyo
and then another home.
He will arrive in Seattle at 9:30 am on Monday
and I will depart at 11:30 am on Monday.
We are praying that he can get through customs quickly enough
for us to grab 5 or 10 minutes together before my flight.
He will be home when the kids get home from school!!
Oh, I just can't imagine what a reunion that will be!!!
I've instructed Madison to take pictures of Bren getting off the bus
and seeing Daddy for the first time in 4 months!
David will be thrown right into our crazy schedule
with no buffer time.
He'll do wonderfully, I'm sure.
I wish I could see the look on his face
when he sees how much the kids have grown!
So many things are running through my mind....
Will Bren warm up to him immediately?
How will the relationship between him and the older kids be
after such a long separation?
Will he think I did a good job organizing everything from bills,
to the kids schedule, to the little changes I've made around the house?
Will he find his way around the area ok?
Above all,
my main thoughts are of complete gratitude
that I am able to go be with my mom
without worrying about how my kids will be cared for at home.
Today is his birthday!
I'm so happy that the kids will be able to celebrate it
with him tomorrow in person!!
I'm picking up a cake and balloons today!
Here is David ( and a monkey and a lemur) last week in Thailand.
That was the last port visit the Lincoln made
before starting on the journey back home to Everett.
**
I want to thank all of you
who have left such heart felt comments here
and have sent such touching e-mails.
I appreciate so much that there are people out there
with big hearts and giving spirits
that are thinking and praying about us.
Some of you I have never even met before, but I feel so supported by you.
Never underestimate the power of a kind word
or the lasting effects of one caring soul reaching out to another.
**


12 comments:

Laura said...

I am jumping for so much joy over here that David is coming back home and getting to see the kids.

Are you serious that its been 4 months?! It seems longer to me, which means it must seem that much longer to you and the kids. I am awaiting those pics that Madison will take of Bren coming off the bus and seeing her daddy. And for the re-uniting of David with the older kids.

I wish you BOTH the safest of flights, and a hug to your mom as I know she is going to need plenty of them, and so much support in this time. My prayers are with your mom, your family and EVERYONE that this man has met and that all those memories of him will live on for many years.

Bless your hearts.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohmygoodness, how exciting!

God bless your family!

TheCatLord said...

(((becca))) i am so sorry about your mom's husband. my heart goes out to your mom. i am so glad you are going to be able to be there for her and that david gets to be there for you and the children. let me know if you want to talk. do you have my number?
love always,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh how happy I am for your family! I think of you constantly. Please give you mom a hug from the complete stranger that I am.

Will David get to stay long after you return?

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh how happy I am for your family! I think of you constantly. Please give you mom a hug from the complete stranger that I am.

Will David get to stay long after you return?

Sandi

Kelly @ Love Well said...

My heart is encouraged for you that David is able to come home at such a tender moment. God blessed that request, didn't He?

I pray this week will be joyous for David and the kids and comforting and filled with hope for you and your Mom, Becca.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read how this all worked out. I still believe in the good ole USA!
Gods blessings
Ala Grandmother

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

This is awesome news! It is so wonderful to have the support of your closest loved ones. You continue to be in our prayers.

sweetfunkyvintage said...

Becca,
I am so sorry for your family's loss. How wonderful that you are able to go and be with your Mom.
God is great.
Missy

Mama Kautz said...

God is good....ALL the time that is awesome David got to come home.. I hope you got to see him!
Especially if you were able to be at the gate....that doesn't happen anymore

Mama Kautz said...

God is good....ALL the time that is awesome David got to come home.. I hope you got to see him!
Especially if you were able to be at the gate....that doesn't happen anymore

Debbie said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time and I hope your family gets some much needed family time.