Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Top 9!!!

Sorry I'm a bit late with this!
We are so overwhelmed around here with our preparations for the movers to come next week. We've got to go out of town this weekend for a funeral so our six days of planned move preparations just got reduced to yesterday, today and Monday!! Yikes!
It was good to sit down for a breather and watch Idol though!
Here's what I thought.....
Brooke White - “Jolene” - I enjoyed this, loved the guitar, but it didn't blow me away. I just love her personality so much. I wish we were neighbors!
*
David Cook - “Little Sparrow” - Loved it!!! He just has that "it" factor! He's been so consistent in this competition and I really think he could win it all! I'd totally go to his concert right now!
*
Ramiele Malubay - “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?” - Hmmmm....something was just awkward about her performance tonight as a whole. I'm not sure what it was, but I just couldn't get into her tonight.
*
Jason Castro - “Travelin’ Through” - Awesome!!! Jason looked so comfortable and strong tonight. He picked a great song and had fun with it.
This is another concert I'd definitely attend!
*

Carly Smithson - “Here You Come Again” - I really enjoyed this song from Carly. Her voice was well suited for it and she delivered it well. She didn't seem too happy about Simon's comments on her wardrobe though, huh? Poor girl can't seem to get it right...she's either looking preggo or sloppy.
*
David Archuleta - “Smokey Mountain Memories” - Aw! David's back with a ballad and a very strong performance! I loved this from him tonight!! And what a beautiful song!!
*
Kristy Leigh Cook - “Coat of Many Colors” - This is definitely Kristy's genre and she did well...but with it being her genre, she really should have blown us away tonight. I think she may have played it too safe and missed her chance to really shine.
*
Syesha Mercado - “I Will Always Love You” - hmmmm....I was feeling so nervous for her in the beginning as she was not convincing me that she could handle this song. It was a bit shaky and a tad breathy in the beginning.
I was pleased with the drama she added with the big notes, but found my mind going to the Whitney version which left Syesha sadly short of the mark tonight.
*
Michael Johns - “It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right” - Wow!!! I loved this from Michael!!! He was really strong and bluesy. His sexy, gravely voice totally rocked and I'm calling him the best of the night.
*
Bottom three:
Ramiele, Syesha, Kristie
Who should go: Ramiele

1 comment:

Jodi said...

First, I am very sorry that you have to go out of town for a funeral.

Second, we have similar thoughts on our reviews. I have mine posted if you would like to read it.

I think we are even similar with the bottom 3..I think though I only listed 2...