Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whirled Girl

Introducing my daughter Madison Joy blogging as Whirled Girl!
Do you remember being 12?
Remember middle school?
Best friends, spending Friday nights at the skating rink, sibling squabbles, weird teachers, embarassing parents,
learning about life and love at a confusing warp speed?
These are the true wonder years.
The innocent, carefree, dramatic years that we look back on fondly when we are older and secretly wish we could reclaim even if just for a day.
During our cross country trip Madison and I brainstormed over a name for her blog.
Whirled girl was at the top of our list because it seems to symbolize the ever changing life of a tween from a military family.
Madison is creativity, apprehension, hilarity, quirkiness, sweetness, strength, compassion and understated beauty all whirled into one.
Check out whirled girl for a glimpse into the charming life of a middle school girl making her way in a big world.




1 comment:

bopashe said...

Just want you to know that I'm lovin' every blog. I lived in Seattle before I got married...went to jr. high and highschool there, and spent 2 years at jr. college in Bremerton, then went on the college East of the mountains in Ellensburg. All your photos bring back so many happy memories. I live in Florida now, and I love the weather here, but Washington State will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I did.

A fan in Florida, Barbara.