Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend wrap up.....


Who could resist this scene?!
While we were waiting for the ferry to Whidbey Island on Saturday I spotted this pink floral carpet on the sidewalk and
I couldn't help but take a photo of Bren and Madison in the pile of fallen petals!
Too bad the ferry was off-loading just as I took the first photo so after a few more seconds of clicking, we had to leave and run back to the van.
I got one good one though!
They say that taking a ferry is the ultimate pacific northwest experience, so we couldn't wait to do it!
We were amazed at how many cars the ferry could hold and at the beauty that surrounded us as we made our way across the water.






This weekend Bren was able to attend a carnival at what will be her school next Fall.
She was excited all week for the carnival and had so much fun!


She got her face painted and played all kinds of games.
She filled her goodie bag with loads of plastic toys and candy prizes.
It was fun to walk around the campus that will be the beginning of her school days.




She is so thrilled to be starting school soon.
Not a day goes by that she does not ask me if today is the day she gets to go.


All too soon, that day will come and my last baby will be off to school.
Kindergarten up here is run on a half day schedule, so I'll still have another year to slowly ease into having my days free full time.
And believe me, I'm in no rush at all!
*
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mommies out there!!!!
And to my own sweet Mom,
I love you and thank you so much for being such a vital part of my life.
You are such a blessing to me!


1 comment:

JOY said...

DITTO!! from MOM, Great Pics of Bren she is so ready for school. I am so glad your blog is up and running ,Thanks for the things you share it is such a connection.XXOO