Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Photographic Tour of Annapolis, Maryland......

When I visit a place specifically to get some photographs, I always try to see what others would pass over without much thought. I like for my photos to represent a place in a way that even a person who has been there a million times would find something new in one of my photographs. A new perspective, a new focus, a new way of looking at the world.

Here is downtown Annapolis, MD through my eyes......



















I had intended on getting photographs of some of the historical elements of Annapolis. Maybe a few sail boats and water views too. But while walking through the red brick streets of downtown Annapolis, I was really drawn to the rows of homes that lined the streets. So many of them had really unique doors and beautiful windows that I found myself forgetting all about my plans and focusing mainly on them. I like to imagine what kind of person has a raspberry colored door or colbalt blue shutter doors. What exciting lives they must lead to put such a bold and whimsical face on their dwelling! If I could choose, the door on my house would be cranberry red against a weathered white frame....what color would yours be?

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Beautiful photos - I, too, like to stop and look at the details. No need to rush through, ya know?!

Becca said...

Thanks Cyn!!! Yup...a fellow rose-smeller here! :)
Becca

Mary said...

Really beautiful photos. Love all the flowers and doors!!!!