Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moms and aunts and grandmas oh my!

I love that I come from a family marked with strong, adventurous, compassionate, resourceful women who love the Lord and each other very much. There is a peace in knowing that the path I walk today was once trod by these women and that by their example I can step a little more confidently.
My beautiful mom!
Inspiring, loyal, funny, creative, loving, supportive, she lives life with such purpose!
Through every phase of life that I have watched mom go through, she has taught me well that God is in control and that He works all things out for good!


My beautiful Aunt Brenda!
Lively, spontaneous, down-to-earth, she goes for what she wants in life with awe-inspiring gusto! She loves life and the people in her life and we are better for it!
My daughter Brendell is named partly for my Aunt Brenda.


My beautiful grandmother!
Giving, strong, inspiring, thrifty, loving, she lives her life for God and desires for others to find a deep meaningful relationship with him. She is an incredible prayer warrior!
Brendell is also named for my grandmother Earscell.



My beautiful Aunt Janet!
Classy, contemplative, intelligent, kind, graceful, all my life I've admired Aunt Jan for her poise and grace.
She has a way about her that puts you at ease in her presence.


Who would have ever dreamed of the legacy that these three raven-haired girls and their mother would leave behind!

Thank you for staying on the path and paving it well making it an easier walk for those of us coming behind you!!


God is good!!!!



6 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Sweet! It's so great to have "older women" in our lives, especially in our families, that are there to teach us and show us the way. You sound like you are tremendously blessed, and more importantly, you recognize that! Bit {{{hugs}}} to your mom, aunts and grandmother. It's like the Bible teaches for the older women to teach the younger women ... you're so lucky to have women who are such wonderful examples for you! Thanks for sharing that!

Becca said...

Cyn,
Thanks so much for posting a comment! You are right, I'm definitely blessed! I've got two young women coming up behind me too....I pray that my own walk along life's path is a good example as they stand on the threshold of theirs.
By the way...it's killing me! Do I know you other than a blog reader? Have we met in another forum?
Becca

Cindy D. said...

Hi. I stumbled onto your blog from someone else's blog - I think Mom2My6Pack (you know, the ebay Pokemon lady?). I liked your posts so I added you to my blogs I read.

Mary said...

Love your family shots Becca! They are just great and what a wonderful looking froup of ladies!!!!!

JOY said...

What a blessing you are to me.Third John:3 I have no greater joy than to hear that my childern walk in truth.:-)X0X0

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful tribute to the women in your life. Beautiful pictures of them. I loved coming upon the ones of your mom. She is indeed a wonderful person and I love working next to her. I also get the pleasure of seeing your grandmother every day. I love your blog and your website!