Friday, March 26, 2010

Rock and Worship Road Show!

When I heard that this concert
was coming to our area
I knew we had to go.
That it fell so close to my birthday
was a bonus.

Because it was not a ticketed event,
we got their almost four hours early
to guarantee us a good seat.
It was rainy and cold,
but the concert was worth the wait!


We huddled up under umbrellas
and waited for the doors to open.



The bands in this tour were:
Sidewalk Prophets
Remedy Drive
Fee
Francesca Battiscelli
Family Force Five
The David Crowder Band
and
Mercy Me.


Each one was amazing
and sang lots of songs that
we loved.




Family Force Five was the most fun for us.
We discovered this band about four years ago
and have loved them ever since.
They are very high energy
and got us jumping around
and having a great time.




It was so fun to watch my kids
enjoy themselves so much!
Michael told me this morning
that he thought I had the best
birthday party ever!
He's right!
It was incredible!



God has been drawing me close
in very visible and tangible
ways these past few weeks.
One of the things I am realizing
is how very much he loves me.
I recently was messaging back and forth
with an old friend of mine.
I'm going to share here part of
what I wrote to her
because it decribes perfectly
what I am trying to say.
*
"I haven't seen Zach in 8 days,
but I cannot describe for you the
peace I feel that God is going to do a
great work in all of this.
That peace did not come during those
first few days.
I spent so much time crying and
literally groaning our prayers to God
because I could not find the words
or stop weeping long enough to say them.
I felt so helpless and afraid,
but through many people pointing out
scripture to me and telling me
their stories of how a teen
in their lives was restored,
I began to realize that maybe
all of this was happening
because God wanted to do a
work in ME.
Maybe it wasn't about Zach at all.
Maybe God was drawing me close
and letting me know how much he loved me
and how much he wanted me to
lean only on him
even in the darkest of circumstances.
Slowly I began to give up
my fear,
my worry,
my desire to control
and threw myself at his feet...
broken and bruised.
And you know what?
He picked me up and gave me joy again
in the faces of my other three kids
and in my husband.
He gave me nights of peaceful rest
and just calmed my spirit
beyond my comprehension.
I should not feel this way right?
I should be a wreck,
but God has given me peace and joy....
just like he promised!!"

*

How He Loves Us
by The David Crowder Band
has become my favorite
worship song.
The lyrics remind me
of how smitten God is with each of us.
This song is so brilliantly written
and speaks straight to my heart
like a personal love song
to me
from my creator.........


"He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane,
I am a tree.
Bending beneath the weight of his wind
and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these
afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful you are
and how great your affections are for me.
And oh,
how he loves us so
how he loves us
how he loves us all.
We are his portion and
he is our prize
drawn to redemption
by the grace in his eyes.
If grace is an ocean
we're all sinking!
And heaven meets earth
like an unforseen kiss
and my heart turns violently
inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain
these regrets
when I think about
the way.....
He loves us!"

***

Click here to see
if the Rock and Worship Roadshow
is coming to your area.


***

No comments: