Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tick-Tock!

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
While I don't want you to think of my lack of posts as "hell",
I can say that I began this month with good intentions.
Intentions to post some observations
and feelings as our time here comes to an end.
And then I got sucked into the vortex of craziness!
I just can't believe that we will be leaving Washington State
in less than two weeks!
The packers will be here in 8 days!
EIGHT!!
I'm not ready yet, but I'm the queen of crunch time,
so I will have everything squared away by next weekend.
There are so many posts I wanted to make before I left.
I especially wanted to post some photos
from some family sessions I have been blessed to do here.
All of those families are Navy friends
and all of them are precious to me.
I'm so lucky to be able to take all of them with me
in beautiful photographs depicting each of their
unique personalities.
I get to look at them over and over
and remember the good times we had here.
I still intend to make that post....
right after I craigslist some furniture,
make an album of boutique sets to sell on facebook,
remove every undesireable item from every room
so we don't haul it across the country just to throw it away,
do one last session for a friend of mine,
collect all school transfer records and contact the new schools
to let them know we are on our way,
collect all dental records,
hopefully get Michael's braces off before we leave,
make sure all utility bills that we have yet to receive are paid,
make a hotel reservation for our last night here,
set aside everything we will be taking with us in our vehicles
so that essentials aren't packed in the moving truck,
plan our route,
make sure Zach is taken care of,
clean the house, weed the yard,
prepare the vehicles for the road trip,
organize our schedules so that all of our individual
going away parties can be attended,
and last but not least...
hold Brendell's 7th birthday party!!
Whew!
So now you know what a rock star I will be
if I do get that post up before we leave!
I will be blogging our trip across the country beginning
April 30th.
First stop Spokane!

No comments: