Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some of my favorite teens!

Although I would not be 16 again for a million dollars, I loved being a teenager in my time! Far removed from today's technical world of ipods and text messaging, we actually talked on the phone with our voices. The phones were attached to walls by long spiral cords that I remember twirling around my fingers during long giggling conversations. We played cassette tapes in our cars and watched movies on VHS that we had to rewind before returning to the video store. We watched music videos on Friday nights before the days of MTV. Our jeans were rolled tightly at the hem, our lipstick was bright and our hair was sprayed out as far as we could get it!! Yup! Those were the days!!
Todays teens fascinate me. Not only are they gorgeous, trendy, responsible and intelligent, but it just blows my mind at all that they are able to do at one time! The bombardment of media is incredible! I know several teens who can carry on a face to face conversation while simultaneously text messaging someone else on their phone and not miss a beat! I have a hard time listening to the radio in my car and concentrating on where I'm going at the same time!
Youth is wasted on the young, huh?
I just love doing portraits for teens! Here are some of my favorite teen portraits from the last few weeks. The first two are my boys, Zachary and Michael.













No comments: